The government announced that exercising would be allowed during the current level 3 lockdown, that means HIKING is back!
Things to consider for your hike!
- Wear your mask, always.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres when undertaking recreational activities.
- As per alert level 3 lockdown regulations, you are permitted to exercise between 06:00 and 18:00.
- No overnight hiking will be permitted.
Hiking Safety Tips!
- Don’t Hike Alone. Maintain social distancing but always hike with a person or two!
- Water Water Water! Always take at least 1.5l of water for your hike, per person.
- Proper Hiking Gear. Make sure you have proper shoes, a hat and always take a jacket if you are hiking in the mountains as temperatures could drop rapidly.
- The weather in Cape Town can be unpredictable but always check the forecast for preparation.
- Tell someone about your hike, the route you plan to take and your intended time of returning home.
- Be Responsible. Please don’t litter, feed any animals, or disturb the wildlife on your hike.
- Emergencies: +27 (0)21 480 7700
- Table Mountain National Park: +27 (0)21 957 4700
- Wilderness Search and Rescue: +27 (0)21 937 0300